ALLIED HEALTH :: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The CNA course enables students to become familiar with basic principles of nursing, including procedures and techniques. Clinical experience is provided in extended care facilities. Students will learn to provide and meet the patient's basic physical and psychological needs and promote a spirit of restoration and independence in a safe, efficient and competent manner. State approved pre-certification program. Does not guarantee certification. Must achieve grade C or better to take state certification examination. Prerequisites: See below and documented clearance for any crime more serious than a minor traffic ticket. Finger prints must be obtained by completion of class. Co-requisite: Current Healthcare Provider CPR card.
- Registration & college fees = $299-$309
- Books, uniforms, supplies = $200 - $340
- Liability Insurance = $13
- Total Estimated Costs = $544 - $695
- (Costs are approximate.)
Requirements for Entry
1. Completion of English 6 or English 50
2. Placement in a higher course by approved score on assessment test.
3. Completion of ESL 3 and ESL 23
4. Placement in a higher course by CELSA matriculation assessment process.
Victor Valley College Assessment Center is located in Building 55, (760) 245-4271, Ext. 2367
Please go to and read this webpage for Assessment Testing: http://www.vvc.edu/offices/admissions-records/assessment.shtml
The Spring 2014 CNA Class will be held at Cobalt Middle School, Room K-5 (Cafeteria)
13801 cobalt rd, Victorville, ca 92392
Directions (from Victor Valley College):
- Turn Right (west) on Bear Valley Road
- Go over the 15 freeway
- Pass the Victor Valley Mall (on your right)
- Turn Right on Amethyst Rd. stoplight
- Turn Left on Dos Palmas Road
- Turn Right on Cobalt Road
- Cobalt Middle School Campus will be on the right
Summer 2014 Application
The application period for the entry into the CNA program for the Summer 2014 semester is April 14, 2014 through April 25, 2014. Please read the document below to prepare for completion of the application. The application will be online starting April 14, 2014. It will also be available in the Allied Health Office in building 32.
The Summer 2014 CNA Application is now available for applicants. Please read it thoroughly and complete it legibly. Attach all necessary documents. Partial submissions will not be accepted. Application deadline is April 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
General Information Health Sciences/Allied Health Office Assistant 760-245-4271, Ext. 2463