Test of Essential Academic Skills
The Nursing Application process has changed.
[ View the Application here ]
Students who have submitted their application, and completed the appropriate steps, will be notified of the TEAS testing date.
Only students who have submitted an application and have been notified by the Nursing Dept. will be allowed to test.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the exam. If you are late you will not be allowed to test. Photo ID is required.
- The maximum allowed time is 3 1/2 hours. Test results are immediate.
- No calculators are allowed. All math calculations are done on scratch paper.
- A booklet and/or practice test is available for purchase at ATItesting.com.
- It is recommended that students complete their science prerequisites prior to taking the Teas due to the content of this test.
Please remember, only two attempts are allowed. If you do not pass the TEAS on the second attempt, you cannot apply to the VVC Nursing Program.
The TEAS exam consists of four sub-tests : Math, Science, English and Reading.
- The MATH portion measures knowledge of whole numbers, metric conversion, fractions and decimals, algebraic application, percentages, ratio/proportion and data interpretation.
- There are 34 questions, 51 minutes allowed.
- The SCIENCE portion covers scientific reasoning, and life science, chemical science, physical sciences, human body science and general science.
- There are 54 questions, 66 minutes allowed.
- The ENGLISH portion measures knowledge of punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, and contextual words and spelling.
- There are 34 questions, 34 minutes allowed.
- The READING portion covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences and conclusions.
- There are 48 questions, 58 minutes allowed.
Two attempts are allowed. This includes the exam taken elsewhere.
The passing score for Version 5 is 62%.
Last Updated 8/5/16